Price is often a factor when it comes to choosing web hosting. However, you may be tempted to overlook a poor feature set in order to obtain something within your budget – so doing some research beforehand is paramount. Our Hostinger review will take a look at this budget-maximizing option, and offer the information you’ll need to make an informed decision.
In just over a decade, Hostinger has grown from a small web host to one used by over 29 million people, which is due in part to its WordPress specific plans. On top of that, Hostinger publicly displays its server status, and its uptimes are consistently solid.
It’s no wonder this is an appealing option to so many new website owners.
In this Hostinger review, we’ll look at key elements such as features and performance, to help you decide whether this host is worth your time and money. Let’s get started!
To start with, let’s take a look at some of the plans Hostinger offers. You’ll find a full range of options here, including shared, cloud, virtual private server (VPS), and dedicated plans.
What’s more, you can opt for a WordPress-specific plan, and get additional support options and one-click installation. These plans are low-cost, shared hosting – perfect for a variety of website types. You also have a choice between single, premium, and business plans, although the business plan is recommended if you’re using WooCommerce.
If you’re considering a shared plan to get your site started, Hostinger has you covered. Some of its features include:
- 24/7 WordPress support in 20+ languages
- One-click WordPress installation
- A free domain name
- Enhanced security features, such as daily backups and a free SSL certificate
- Practically unlimited bandwidth
As you can see, Hostinger’s shared WordPress Plans come with a solid set of features. For most first-time website owners, you’ll have everything you need. In addition, all of this is offered at an affordable price, which we’ll get to in a minute. First, however, let’s look at the support you’ll get.
For many users, one of the most important hosting features after price is support. While you’re setting up your website using shared WordPress hosting, you’re bound to have some questions. While the internet is filled with lots of helpful hints and instructional posts, a direct line to answer your specific inquiries is always a boon.
The good news is that Hostinger’s support team is available 24/7 in 20+ languages.
Overall, the support representative we spoke to was friendly and helpful. The chat included useful and actionable information, as well as screenshots for clarification. For any of your general inquiries, Hostinger is easy to contact, and its response times are reasonable.
Above all else, the sign of a quality web host is how well its servers perform. After all, having a fast website is crucial for providing a positive user experience (UX) to your visitors, and keeping your bounce rate low. Fortunately, Hostinger offers the following performance-specific features:
- Solid State Drive (SSD) hardware
- 99.9% uptime guarantee
- Custom-built cache manager
Even better, unlike many other hosting providers, Hostinger offers public information on the performance of its servers. This includes uptime data for the last 24 hours, as well as for the past week and month:
Server uptime depicts the amount of time a server is fully-functional and online. In general, you want to be as close to 100% as possible, as even .1% downtime means ~45 minutes of downtime per month. Above, you can see that Hostinger’s uptime can be a little shaky, which is one of the tradeoffs you’ll make for its cheap prices.
In this case – with the numbers being as low as 99.3% at times – you can experience even 10 minutes of downtime per day. No good.
Finally, we come to the pricing section of our Hostinger review. For many, this will be one of the most important factors when considering a web host. After all, awesome hosting won’t do you much good if it breaks your budget.
With that in mind, Hostinger has some surprisingly low pricing plans for the services it offers. For example, a single website starts at just $0.99 (Rs 70) per month with promotional pricing.
If you’re willing to shell out a little more ($2.89 per month), you’ll also get a free domain name to go along with your hosting. In addition, higher-tier plans offer free backups and enable you to build unlimited websites on your account.
All in all, Hostinger is a very affordable option. This is especially true when you consider its server speeds. For newbies, this is a great place to start, and you can always look at upgrading your plan as your site grows. Checkout Now -> Hostinger
Advantages of Using Hostinger
- Uptime advantage: The market is filled with lots of free and cheap hosting services that boast about their offers. But, in reality, they don’t function well and most of the time website is down.
This is why you should avoid those lucrative offers and try out Hostinger’s affordable service. For the price you pay, Hostinger provides more than 99.9% uptime.
You can lose a considerable amount of money if your website uptime is less than 99%.
- Website load time is fast: According to Google ‘Improving your load time by 0.1s can boost conversion rates by 8%.’ And if you don’t care about page speed, I need to tell you that Google uses page speed as an important signal in the ranking of a webpage in Google search.
Hostinger is an amazing option for people looking for low-cost, as well as fast speed. When you purchase hosting on Hostinger, you can get a pretty high loading speed of the website.
Typically, the acceptable loading speed of any website is measured in milliseconds. You can expect between 40- 50 milliseconds. The number changes gradually when you change the hosting plan.
Plans that cost most at Hostinger, obviously, give better results.
- Money-back guarantee: With some exceptions, Hostinger offers a 30-day money-back guarantee. This is for people who aren’t satisfied with the services and want to cancel the subscription. It means you can try out the services for free for a month. How cool is that?
The money-back-guarantee is usually an industry protocol that most companies follow to give their customers a time period in which they can try the services and make a judgment.
- Simple and easy to understand interface: Hosting is probably the best choice for beginners and smaller websites that don’t have a huge budget. After all, your audience doesn’t care how expensive the hosting is; they just care about the convenience. Beginners can understand it easily, making it a fairly convenient thing even for a beginner.
After some time, you can easily upgrade your plans. You can even switch from the old hosting plan from a different company to Hostinger in minutes.
- Everything unlimited: Hostinger offers a lot of incentives at a small price. As you can see from the above-mentioned prices. In total, you get a free domain name, free SSL certificate, unlimited visitors, free business emails, unlimited bandwidth, and much more. You can use all these free services in the development of your website.
- Affordable: This point needs no explanation. Hostinger offers web hosting at $0.99 per month only. What more could do you expect from a dollar? This is the reason why a large percentage of beginners start with Hostinger and continue using it for years.
You can expect some additional costs like backup costs and Cloudflare protection. To get the best price, you have to purchase an annual subscription or even a four-year-long contract.
- Authentic customer support: Strong customer support is the backbone of web registrar companies, and Hostinger is no exception. Smooth customer support can potentially bring more customers solely on word of mouth.
I would personally choose better customer support over a free hosting service. The main reason behind this is the guidance people get at the time of purchasing the hosting.
Keeping this in mind, Hostinger offers live customer support to assist you on the go. Live customer support can substantially solve your problems and gives you sound solutions for them.
- Free domain name and one-click WordPress installation
- Affordable shared hosting plans
- Good performance results for the US and the UK in particular
- Publicly-displayed server status
- Moderate response times for support
- Modest performance results for locations outside of the US and UK
- Uptime is a little unreliable
Overall, Hostinger is a strong choice for both experienced WordPress developers and newbies. It offers fast speeds and knowledgeable customer support.